Our client, WayAhead Mental Health Association NSW is an NGO established 85 years ago to reduce stigma and to promote mental health and wellbeing through education, support and advocacy.
They are now looking for their next Chief Executive Officer who will bring commercial acumen, strong strategic partnerships and industry knowledge, and use these skills to ensure the organisation continues to impact and deliver on its purpose. A key aspect of that will be diversifying funding (currently through Ministry of Health) and providing services in remote and regional areas in NSW.
You will be innovative and fearless in your approach and passionate about the cause either through lived or professional experience.
You must be a strategic networker who can influence and negotiate at the highest level with local, state and federal government officials, other CEO's and the wider philanthropic community to generate awareness, income and exposure.
As the CEO, responsibilities also include:
- Inspiration leadership, culture, and HR/IR compliance
- Governance - board papers, strategic planning and performance, minutes, statutory and regulatory reporting (ASIC, ACNC, ATO), AGM, annual report
- Program and service quality management and systems
- Financial management, risk and compliance
- Building the profile and reputation of the service - branding, marketing and promotion
- Partnerships, fundraising, grants and tenders
This is a unique opportunity to lead the organisation through its next cycle of growth and success.
About the organisation
WayAhead is supported by a team of 21 employees and 2 direct reports who are committed and passionate about their role and contribution to the community.
Please refer to the website for the current range of programs offered by WayAhead.
- Make a significant impact on the future of the organisation
- Lead a passionate, highly committed team
- Competitive remuneration package including car and salary packaging benefits
Skill and experience
To be successful in this CEO position, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Experience leading a community managed organisation (CMO), government, corporate or philanthropy
- Track record of managing government contracts and capacity to manage all reporting and legal requirements of CMOs
- A strategic thinker with a commercial mindset that can recognise opportunities
- The ability to develop strong relationships across government, corporate and community
- An understanding of the NFP sector including mental health and community managed organisations
- A track record in delivering funding initiatives through private and government funders
- A strategic mindset, with experience developing and delivering a growth strategy and plan
Full Position Description below. Click on the link.