We are seeking a customer focused, organised and experienced facilities administrator to assist and support our women only organisation in the role of Asset Officer. You will assist with facilities management, administration, document management and compliance.
This position will be the point of contact for vulnerable clients at risk of homelessness and will ensure that all responsive maintenance and cyclical maintenance issues are accurately documented and completed in line with budget, procurement, safety and quality standards. Experience working across facilities management is a must to be successful in this position.
Located a short walk from Surry Hills in Sydney, this role is office based with an immediate start until June. The Asset Officer's key responsibilities are:
- Ensure maintenance and repairs are completed on time
- Implement contractor performance and compliance checks
- Liaise with tenants and keep them informed of progress
- Implement the cyclical works program by raising work orders, liaising with contractors and tenants and coordinating and reporting on works progress
- Keep the relevant property management system up to date with contractor and property details
- Conduct outgoing inspections and coordinating repairs to minimise vacancy rates
- Scrutinise contractor invoices and variations
- Previous experience working within facilities management
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of basic residential maintenance issues
- Excellent IT and Excel skills and ability to pick up system quickly and expertly
- Experience working with multiple trades and contractors
- Checking quality work completion, client satisfaction
- Assessing and approving invoices
- Positive, productive attitude with a hard work ethic.
About the Organisation
Women’s Housing Company (WHC) is a not for profit organisation that provides low cost housing to women at risk of homelessness. They are an organisation making a real difference in the community.
WHC is responsible for the delivery of quality tenancy management services across a range of housing options, with the purpose of achieving safe, secure housing and assisting tenants to access life-enhancing opportunities.
Collaboration. Integrity. Courage. Respect. Focus.
To be successful in this role, you must also be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and be willing to undergo a police check.
Please note that being female is a genuine occupational requirement of this role (Sec 31 Anti-Discrimination Act 1977)
Applications for this role will be assessed as received, given the short term nature of this assignment.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Mahala Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Ref No. 1158321.