Birribee Housing, an Aboriginal Community Controlled housing provider wholly owned by the NSW Aboriginal Land Council. A community driven organisation committed to providing safe, secure, and culturally appropriate housing for Aboriginal people to practice self-determination and meet their social, cultural and economic needs.
Join our dedicated team on an exciting Closing the Gap incentive Care Program in Moree, as we embark on a mission to provide more than shelter, but a brighter future for our Aboriginal communities.
As a pivotal member of Birribee Housing, the Housing Sustainability Specialist holds the mission-critical role of advancing and integrating sustainable practices within the teams housing initiatives.
Through impactful initiatives and collaborative efforts, the Sustainability Specialist contributes significantly to the organisation's overarching goal of creating sustainable and inclusive housing solutions that enhance the social, emotional, and environmental wellbeing of our community. You will drive comprehensive sustainability strategies, ensuring a harmonious blend of ecological responsibility, financial stability, and equitable housing assistance.
To do this you must:
- Develop and implement comprehensive sustainability strategies aligned with Birribee Housing's mission and values.
- Identify opportunities for environmental stewardship and resource efficiency within our housing initiatives.
- Lead the implementation of green initiatives, including energy-efficient technologies, waste reduction, and water conservation programs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to integrate sustainable practices into all aspects of our housing operations.
- Design and deliver educational programs to promote sustainability practices among tenants and staff.
- Foster a culture of environmental awareness and responsibility within the Birribee Housing community.
- Cultivate partnerships with local sustainability organisations, fostering collaborative initiatives.
- Advocate for sustainable practices within the broader community and contribute to local sustainability networks.
- Establish monitoring mechanisms to track and report on sustainability metrics.
- Prepare regular reports on the progress of sustainability initiatives for internal and external stakeholders.
- Qualification in Sustainability, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing sustainability strategies, preferably within the non-profit or housing sector.
- In-depth knowledge of sustainability principles and practices.
- Strong project management skills with a focus on green initiatives.
- Excellent communication and educational program design skills.
- Experience working with the community and / or a strong knowledge of Aboriginal culture is highly desirable
To be successful in this role, you must also be willing to undergo a police check and obtain a Working with Children Check
Applications will be assessed as they are received, so please do not hesitate to apply.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Mahala Warren at email@example.com, quoting Ref No. 1144538.