Tenancy Support Coordinator (Moree)

AboutBirribee Housing, an Aboriginal Community Controlled housing provider wholly owned by the NSW Aboriginal Land Council. A community driven organisation committed to providing safe, secure, and culturally appropriate housing for Aboriginal people to practice self-determination and meet their social, cultural and economic needs. Join our dedicated team on an exciting 'Closing the Gap Incentive Care Program' in Moree, as we embark on a mission to provide more than shelter, but a brighter future for our Aboriginal communities.  We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as a Support Coordinator, which is a pivotal role providing tailored support services, and lead engaging initiatives to strengthen community bonds.  RoleProvide service and tenancy support as required to tenants of properties, including advice in regard to tenancy rights and feedback from tenantsAssistance with implementation of arrears strategiesAssistance in the management and coordination of property related projects, including community engagement days and beautification of Mehi and Stanley VillageCoordination of Facilities Management requirements and performance to meet stakeholder and tenant needs. Preparing periodic and ad hoc reports for the teamAnswering tenant enquiries and ensuring responsiveness to our client.ExperienceProperty and facilities management experience Developing understanding and commitment to all legislative requirements affecting property and tenancy issues.Strengths in planning and problem solving, evaluating complex issues and the ability to initiate timely solutions to critical issues.An understanding of supported accommodation programs and the issues that arise Experience assisting with operational strategy with property related outcomes for the client, program participants, client staff and external providers and bodies e.g. Housing NSW and facilities management providers.Excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate and organise multiple forms of communication.To be successful in this role, you must also be willing to undergo a police check and obtain a Working with Children Check AUD Australia - NSW Tamworth & North West NSW Moree 2400