Birribee Housing, an Aboriginal Community Controlled housing provider wholly owned by the NSW Aboriginal Land Council. A community-driven organisation committed to providing safe, secure, and culturally appropriate housing for Aboriginal people to practice self-determination and meet their social, cultural and economic needs.
Join our dedicated team on an exciting 'Closing the Gap incentive Care Program' in Moree, as we embark on a mission to provide more than shelter, but a brighter future for our Aboriginal communities.
We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as a Team Leader to oversee the Tenancy Management division. This position requires a proactive leader who can drive excellence in tenancy operations and financial management programs.
- Ensure housing management is kept to a high, compliant standard
- Develop, monitor and update staffing rosters including managing staff vacancies for the service as required
- Coordinating all activities associated with the residence, ensuring an emotionally positive and physically stable environment for staff and residents
- Provide leadership and motivation to direct youth workers through support and demonstrated understanding of Behaviour Support Plans, Case Plans, and general Burdekin policies and procedures
- Finance & Administration including but not limited to maintaining appropriate records, ensuring house expenditure meets budget, reporting
- Organise and attend fortnightly team meetings
- Oversee and be responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of individual programs for children / young people within the homes you oversee
Skills and Experience
- Qualification in Social Work or other relevant tertiary education
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leading and coaching teams
- Experience working with children and young people in OOHC
- Experience with rostering, budgeting and resource allocation
- Drivers license
- WWCC, National Police check or willing to obtain
- Experience working with the community and / or a strong knowledge of Aboriginal culture is highly desirable
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Katie Iacullo at email@example.com, quoting Ref No. 1144533.