Birribee Housing, an Aboriginal Community Controlled housing provider wholly owned by the NSW Aboriginal Land Council. A community driven organisation committed to providing safe, secure, and culturally appropriate housing for Aboriginal people to practice self-determination and meet their social, cultural and economic needs.
Join our dedicated team on an exciting 'Closing the Gap Incentive Care Program' in Moree, as we embark on a mission to provide more than shelter, but a brighter future for our Aboriginal communities.
We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as a Support Coordinator, which is a pivotal role providing tailored support services, and lead engaging initiatives to strengthen community bonds.
- Provide service and tenancy support as required to tenants of properties, including advice in regard to tenancy rights and feedback from tenants
- Assistance with implementation of arrears strategies
- Assistance in the management and coordination of property related projects, including community engagement days and beautification of Mehi and Stanley Village
- Coordination of Facilities Management requirements and performance to meet stakeholder and tenant needs.
- Preparing periodic and ad hoc reports for the team
- Answering tenant enquiries and ensuring responsiveness to our client.
- Property and facilities management experience
- Developing understanding and commitment to all legislative requirements affecting property and tenancy issues.
- Strengths in planning and problem solving, evaluating complex issues and the ability to initiate timely solutions to critical issues.
- An understanding of supported accommodation programs and the issues that arise
- Experience assisting with operational strategy with property related outcomes for the client, program participants, client staff and external providers and bodies e.g. Housing NSW and facilities management providers.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate and organise multiple forms of communication.
To be successful in this role, you must also be willing to undergo a police check and obtain a Working with Children Check
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Mahala Warren at email@example.com, quoting Ref No. 1144547.